Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Head Start on School


I don't think six weeks is too young to start school, do you?

Yesterday was Evan's first day of school, well, first trip to visit his daddy at the University of Washington. We dropped by for lunch with Ian and our friends Bob and Liz. We ate at Agua Verde which is a Mexican restaurant with great fish tacos and where you can also rent a kayak and try it out on Lake Washington. It's kind of an interesting combination, and Ian and I have been meaning to try it.


As Evan and I had maneuvered his stroller out of the parking garage, we were looking around at all of the steps and hills. We realized that college campuses were not very stroller friendly, but we managed to find our way, not without some creative stroller lifting.

After lunch we stopped by Ian's lab to introduce Evan to all of Ian's colleagues. Evan slept through the whole tour, and I'm sure Ian's labmates will never again believe him when he talks about the fussy baby that kept him up all night! They all agreed that he was the most beautiful baby in the whole world. They especially liked the "Milk Junkie" hat.

Here's a picture of Evan, ready to start his college career. I'll also put in another one of him in the "Milk Junkie" hat from when he was less than a week old. I always like these comparison pictures because they show how much he's grown in just six weeks. Even with all of the growing, maybe we'll still wait a while before college, maybe preschool first.


2 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

Oh, he is such a cutie! I can see so much of you in him! :)

Unknown said...

I'm convinced Evan looks just like you Katy...