Last night was particularly exciting. I woke up at 2 am to Evan crying. This is a little earlier than usual, so I blearily climbed out of bed and went into his nursery. I tried to settle him back down in case he wasn't hungry. Now, to set the stage, we normally have a very dim light in the room so that we can see, but Evan is not overly stimulated. Plus, there's a lot of light coming in from the buildings around us and the streetlights outside. However, last night was different. (dramatic pause)
Just as I was trying to get Evan to settle, the power went out. Not only was it pitch black in the nursery, but power was out in all the surrounding buildings as well. Evan, however, did not realize that I couldn't see a thing and was definitely hungry at this point. So, I stumbled around for a little while trying to figure out how I would see. I realized that my computer had battery power, so I came out to the living room and fed him by the bluish light of my laptop. Then, silly tired me realized that we did have a lantern, so I fumbled around and dug it out. I then changed Evan by the light of a lantern on his changing table. All in all, it made the middle of the night feeding much more exciting! Who knows what adventures we'll have tonight.
Evan picture of the day...Here's a picture of Evan and his mommy at the park. It doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this blog entry, but if I took a picture of last night, it would be pitch black.
No comments:
Post a Comment