Friday, July 4, 2008

He's lucky he's so cute!

Happy July 4th to everyone! Our little family is celebrating the fourth by sitting and home and relaxing. We might go out and watch some fireworks tonight or we might just settle out on the porch and watch what we can see from there. Regardless, be expecting some handsome pictures of Evan in his fourth of July outfit soon.

When Evan came along, I had actually never changed a diaper in my life. Now, almost three weeks into Evan's life, I have definitely learned some lessons about diaper changing, and I am continuing to learn them. In fact this morning I definitely learned a couple of new lessons. Here are some of the most important rules that I've discovered...

1. Evan doesn't like diaper changing.

2. Evan HATES diaper changing.

3. Always keep cover, because when Evan is exposed to air, someone will get sprayed (Evan, mommy, daddy, the wall, etc.).

4. Keep a change of clothes handy when changing. (See rule #3.)

5. Make sure that Evan is done before beginning to change the diaper.

6. Do NOT accidentally fling the dirty diaper onto the carpet, especially when the offending diaper lands on your foot!

7. And the last and most important rule which comes into play when Evan has just sprayed your arm face and shirt or when your foot and carpet is covered in baby poop (this morning)...

Evan is very lucky that he's the cutest baby ever so mommy and daddy are more than willing to put up with each and every diaper change. Here's a picture of his cute little face which makes us forget about all of the hard work.

2 comments:

Bailey Rose said...

I'd like to say that spraying is limited to little boys, sadly its not :) But I guess you're right, thats why God made them so adorable!

JNB said...

Febreze...