Friday, September 18, 2015

The Little One has Gotten so Big!

So, Evan wasn't the only one celebrating the end of his school year.  Not to be outdone, a few days later, Ben had his official preschool graduation from Resurrection United Methodist Preschool.  This one hit me harder than any before.  I'm not sure quite why, probably for lots of reasons: Benny is my youngest baby boy, we've had both kids attend RUMC for the past five years and we had to say goodbye, or that we would be saying goodbye to a lot more in a few weeks with our upcoming move.  I'm not sure what was going on, but this one definitely made me emotional.

Before I had kids, I was always a bit cynical about the whole cap and gown for preschool thing, but after watching two preschool graduations, I have to say that the kids proceeding down the aisle in their cap and gowns is one of the cutest things ever!  Of course, Benny looked super handsome and was smiling the whole way.  Then, they all performed some songs, and Ben did a great job singing and dancing along.

Finally, it came time for the presentation of the diplomas.  This was really sweet because their teachers Mr. Joe and Ms. Myra took the time to say some words about why each child was so special, and they were so soft hearted that they spent most of their speeches in tears.  Of course, they talked about Ben's positive attitude and how he puts a smile on everyone's face from the minute he walks in the door.  That's my boy!

After the proceeded back down the aisle and finished up with a little dance party, it was time for a celebratory lunch.  Ben had a great time sitting with his friends and just being silly one more time with his buddies.  The teachers even gave them a goody bag with a framed picture of the class and even little mustaches to wear-so cute!

Ian left and headed back to work as I walked out of RUMC with Benny one final time.  I had really held it together pretty well until that moment, but I did happen to lose it in the parking lot.  Oh well, after some hugs from some nearby supportive moms I was put back together and on my way.  I think a mom is definitely allowed to show some emotion when her sweet little baby boy is off to Kindergarten, don't you??


(Ben proceeds down the aisle.)


(Mr. Joe and the graduate)


(Ms. Myra and Benny)


(hugs with our big graduate)


(Ben with his friends Jackson, Emerson, and Cole)


(in disguise, but I think the name on the hat gives it away!)


(more silly buddies-Blaise, Ezra, Asher, and Cole)


(one more shot with his awesome teachers)


(Ben's first day of preschool in the 2's)


(his first day in the 4's)


(my big boy on the last day of preschool)



No comments: