I was riding up with Evan and Ian was riding a little slower with Ben. Apparently at the beginning of their ride Benny and Ian decided they could take the training wheels off. This was a big deal because he had up to this point refused to take the training wheels off for long periods of time. He had a nasty run in with a parked car on our street when he first got that bike and I think that made him really cautious for a while. Anyway, Evan and I had stopped and I see Ben riding up proudly on two wheels with Ian following. I was so proud.
He rode on two wheels all the way to Rise. We stopped, had our delicious donuts (and biscuits), climbed the walls a little bit (yes, Evan was literally climbing the walls of the shopping center), then we hopped on the bikes again for our ride home. Again, Ben rode the whole way back again on two wheels! Once he figured it out there were no nerves and no going back. I guess now that he's a Kindergartener, there's nothing he can't do! Watch out world!
(Ben cruising with Daddy)
(Look Ma, no training wheels!)
(a much needed treat at the halfway point of our ride)



No comments:
Post a Comment