Anyway, Evan's little boys playgroup spent a lot of time there. On one of the very first playdates we ever had we took some picture of the boys in this little raft that the kids could climb in and out of. Since then, we've made a tradition of heading back occasionally and taking pics of the boys in the raft and adding in their siblings as they arrived.
Well, as we were about to move my friend Sarah and I realized our two boys were the last from that group that still lived in Durham (at least for another week). So, one Saturday we headed to the mall for one more picture. Evan and Edward dutifully sat in the raft and we got a shot of the two remaining boys-remembering all of their great buddies that are now all over the country. We even added their siblings Marie and Ben in for a shot.
We then had a great lunch and enjoyed hanging out one more time. It's amazing how big the boys are. It truly doesn't seem like it's been that long in our lives since they were just little babies crawling around that play area, and now they were two seven year old boys that could barely fit in the raft! I hope that we are able to stay in touch with all of those buddies no matter how far apart we are!
Oh, and one more thing...The boys had their first taste of Dippin' Dots during that outing to the mall. Evan tried a sour blue flavor while Benny tried a strawberry one. Evan liked it, but I have never seen Benny eat a dessert like that. Usually he can take or leave sweets, but this one he polished off! I think he even finished off Evan's when he was done! Yum!
I wonder if they'll bring that old, orange raft back after the playground renovation. For the sake of current and future new Durham moms, I hope they do.
(Evan and Edward with their little siblings Marie and Ben)
(the two big boys)
(Evan and Edward front and center with all of their little buddies surrounding them)
(Yum, Dippin' Dots!)
(These are sooo good, Mom!)
(crazy little boy #1)
(crazy little boy #2)







No comments:
Post a Comment