After the marathon, I took about two weeks off of running. Amazingly enough, when I finally got out to run over Thanksgiving, it was so nice to just get out there and run. I've discovered that I really enjoy running, especially when it's not for multiple hours.
What makes running even better is being able to run with your friends and family. So, I was thrilled when I got to go out to the Jingle Bell Run 5K last weekend and not only run another race with my marathon buddy Bob but bring in his wife Liz for her first 5K, Ian who's long term foot injury was finally feeling better, and the boys who don't mind sitting in a jogging stroller if it's not for too long. The weather was beautiful, it was for a good cause, and everyone was wearing jingle bells....what could be better! :)
Everyone did very well and ran the whole way, the boys loved being a part of the race, and I managed to push that silly double jogging stroller the whole way. I remember several years ago in Seattle, Bob, Liz, Ian, and I raced in the Pineapple Classic where we had to carry a pineapple through an obstacle race. It's great to have the running team back together with a few new additions! Next stop, the Krispy Kreme 5 Mile Challenge...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ben seems to have some comments about the whole thing! Glad you guys could all run together. Fun. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment