So, I never know what to get Ian for his birthday. He comes up with a list that has exciting things on it like nose hair trimmers or a new kitchen gadget. I know he really wants those things, but they certainly aren't very interesting. So, a couple of months ago, I asked him if he would mind a surprise for his birthday instead. He said, "it depends on what the surprise is". I had an idea brewing, so I decided to go with it.
I planned and worked and worked and planned until this weekend rolled around. I had Ian's parents come up as they usually do for his birthday. Then, when he woke up Saturday morning, I handed him a card saying that his bags were packed. We hopped in the car and left the boys with Gram and Gramps.
Turns out it worked out perfectly. He had a wonderful weekend, and so did I. It was great to have the time to reconnect and actually talk to one another. We also had some great adventures along the way. While I need my sleep and don't have enough energy to post on all of our exploits now, I will not leave you empty-handed. Here's a little preview of what was in store for my wonderful husband on his birthday weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ian said he didn't mind you commandeering his birthday presents for the trip - in fact he would almost be good with it being an annual thing! Glad you guys could get away and Gram and Gramps could fill in with the boys. (a winner for everybody!) Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment