Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of School for the Boys

It's that time of year again, the weather is getting cooler, September has begun, and so has school.  I can't believe it's Evan's second year of preschool.  This year he will be in the 3's  classroom at Resurrection United Methodist Preschool going 3 days a week.  Evan wasn't the only one starting something this Wednesday, Ben had his first official Kindermusik class.

Evan has been to preschool twice since we started on Wednesday. Both times Evan has fussed when I dropped him off.  I hate leaving him upset, but apparently, he's happy two seconds after I leave, and by the time I pick him up he is wearing a big smile.  Today, he was also wearing two stickers and beaming because he had used the potty twice at preschool!  They've also been making placemats, reading stories, hanging out on the playground, playing blocks, investigating the class fish, and having countless other adventures.  I think it will be a great year!

Benny also had a great Kindermusik class.  Not only is his girlfriend Amelia in the class but also 4 or 5 other kids that are 16 months old as well.  It will be a whole class full of trouble.  He was as entranced as Evan by the teacher, Catherine, and loved listening to the music.  It's been really great to have this one-on-one time with him. 

The boys are both starting off on new adventures, and I can't wait to see what the new school year will bring.  They are both getting so big!

 

 (My little boy on his first day)


 (Our tradition of touching the preschool sign-he does it every day.)



(The brothers pose together.)

 
(How much do I love my boys?!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I can't get over how cute these two are! Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

I love your boys too. Sounds like they are having a great time exploring all kinds of new experiences. This is just as it should be. Love, Mommie Dearest

Anonymous said...

Too big, too big, too big! But so cute!
Love,
Gram