This weekend we went on a fabulous excursion which I will tell you all about later. However, before we share all the fun I wanted to share one of the things that we discovered about Benny while on the trip. Our adventures took us up windy roads into the mountains. After about 5 minutes in the car on one of these windy mountain roads Benny proceeded to throw up all over himself. That night on the way to dinner, he did the same thing coming down out of the mountains.
He wasn't sick at all the rest of the time he was there, he was his perky, happy self. In addition, Ben has been fairly fussy in the car ever since we switched him into his new rear-facing car seat. Even though our pediatrician said that he was too young to get car sick, I think it's pretty evident that motion-sickness is what's going on, especially since I am blessed with the same affliction.
Certain things make sense, like how he doesn't like to spend long in the swing or how you can't settle him by rocking with him in the chair or in your arms. Even though it's not recommended for a few more months, I think he's left us no choice but to turn around his car seat so that it's forward facing and hope that helps. Poor little Benny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor baby! You know I really think that is why he screams sometimes on trips. He's probably queasy. Fortunately he has a mother who has dealt with it all her life and knows what to do to help him feel better!
Love,
Gram
Not something you wanted to pass on to your children. However he at least has a mother who is aware of what is going on and can offer some sympathy. It took us over three years to figure out that you were motion sick and it is obvious that you were from the start. You just suffered for probably longer than you should have. I hope turning the seat around helps. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment