Patience is something that every mom strives to have. Patience is something I always strive to have more of, and patience is something that I definitely didn't have enough of today. Benny is getting to the age where he's testing his limits, and he definitely had me today. I can't pinpoint one thing. Maybe it was when he was climbing the oven, maybe it was when he was fussing in the backseat of the car and I couldn't figure out what was making him upset, maybe it was when he kept thrashing on the changing table when I was changing him at the museum, or maybe it was slipping and falling onto my back in the garage with Ben in my arms...somehow, that child wore me out today.
I hate fussing at him, and I hate feeling like a mom that's always yelling. I hate not having the patience to redirect him in a calm and loving manner. But tomorrow is another day, and fortunately Bennys are sweet, forgetful creatures. As he was happily lying in my arms in his rocking chair tonight we both sighed in relief. Tomorrow's another day. Tomorrow I will try to have more patience, and tomorrow my boys and I will both try to enjoy each other just as much as we can. It's the hardest, best job I've ever had!
(Worth every ounce of frustration!)
1 comment:
You have more patience with those boys than any Mother I've ever seen! I always tell everyone how patient you are and what a wonderful mother! So pat yourself on the back - you deserve it!
Love,
Gram
Post a Comment