They arrived on Saturday morning and left Sunday morning, but it seems like we packed a lot into that short time that they were there. When they arrived we met them at a park where Evan was playing at a birthday party. After a few minutes at the park, we headed to Q-Shack. It's a tradition to feed Audra North Carolina BBQ from Q-Shack whenever she comes through town so we had to pass by. Plus, Evan usually enjoys eating there. This time, he managed to fling his entire plate of sausage, hush puppies, and fries all over the floor, but that occasionally happens with an almost-two-year old.
After Evan, Audra, and Tommy had a nap, and Jack tried to have a nap, we decided to head down to the neighborhood pool. We knew that they were going to live very close to a pool in Dallas, so we thought it was time for Jack to be introduced to one. Plus, Evan loves taking a dip. Audra and I decided to sit this one out with Baby Ben while the other boys went in. Everyone had a fabulous time. Jack was very brave and even put his head underwater (with a little encouragement from his Dad). Evan continued to have a great time in his floaty suit that he calls his "big tummy". He even was showing off his kicking skills which he never did last year.
(The boys enjoy their swimming.)
That evening we just hung out at home. Audra and I looked through and traded baby clothes and the boys all played with each other. I can already tell that they are going to be quite the trio once Ben and Jack get on their feet. I hope we all get plenty of opportunities to see each other. I can't wait for the boys to grow up together and become great friends!
(Jack and Evan investigate a truck.)
(The sisters and their boys)
(Trouble #1, Trouble #2, and Trouble #3)




1 comment:
I know I put a comment on here before Katy - but I have to say that these three boys are PERFECT!! I am not prejudiced at all. The only bummer was that I couldn't be there, too. I LOVE YOU ALL. Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment