Friday, August 9, 2013

Rebellion

Now our home owners association can be sticklers on a lot of points.  A few weeks ago, they added a new paragraph to our home owners agreement.  It stated that we could no longer have a vegetable garden in the front yard.  This angered quite a few of the neighbors and started a firestorm of back and forth e-mails on the list-serve.

Now, Ian and I prefer to stay quietly under the radar and not enter in to the neighborhood arguments.  However, when I walked out of the house a few weeks ago, I noticed a little plant sprouting up out of the grass.  A few days later and we could tell it was a zucchini plant.  I don't know how it got there, but there it was disobeying the neighborhood HOA.

Well, I decided I couldn't very well kill the poor little plant, so when I mowed the lawn, I mowed around it.  Now, a few weeks later, we have a four ft. long and still growing, blooming zucchini plant in the middle of my front yard.  I couldn't garden that well if I actually tried.  So, we're going to harvest some rebellious zucchini in a few weeks and see if our HOA says anything.  Hey, I think it's fate. :)


(the rebellious zucchini plant)

No comments: