Whatever the inspiration, we headed out to our cul-de-sac, dressed Evan in all of his pads, took off the training wheels, and got Evan on his bike. Ian held on to the bike while Evan practiced pedaling fast enough to keep the bike upright. Before we knew it, Ian was letting go and Evan was actually riding! I don't know what it is about that moment, but Ian and I were both tearing up. Our little boy is not quite so little anymore.
In the process of riding, he ended up crashing quite a few times. He would be lying in a little tangled pile with his bike, and he would just say "I'm okay" and hop up to continue. He was being so tough! The adults were all just thankful for all the padding that Evan was wearing. However, by the end of the weekend his legs still looked like he had been in battle. At least he didn't end up with 26 stitches in his forehead like I did when I was learning to ride my two wheeler.
Evan was so proud of himself, and I was so proud of him. I can't wait for a summer filled with lots of bike riding adventures!
(Evan tests out his two-wheeler)
(Dad gives him a little guidance.)
(on his own-my big boy!)



No comments:
Post a Comment