Evan was so excited. We invited his friend Nathaniel over and headed outside. Everyone got in their bathing suits and headed outside. I got everything set up and twisted the hose onto the end of the slide. Then, I made the mistake of not uncoiling the rubber on the slip and slide that had gotten twisted when I screwed on the hose. When I turned on the water, I watched the rubber fill up and burst within seconds. I looked at the excited boys surrounding the slip and slide and knew I had to do something to fix this, and fast.
So, as my quick-thinking friend Danielle (Nathaniel's mom) suggested, I got out the duck tape and Saran Wrap and fixed the tear as fast as I could. I managed to get the slip and slide mostly repaired so it was able to be used that day.
They absolutely had a ball. While none of them could figure out how to actually slip and slide down it, they had a great time splashing around, throwing balls, and sticking their heads in the water fountains.
Since that day, I have gotten a new, fully-functional slip and slide and set it up properly, and it is still just as big of a hit. When we got out the slide this week, Evan actually figured out how to slide down it a little bit, so I'm sure Ben's not far behind. Evan only manages to get about halfway down the slide and hasn't quite managed to go down on his stomach, but everytime he would hit the ground hard on a slide, he would look at us and say, "I'm okay!" So, I'm sure he will keep trying until he's able to get down the whole slide. Evan's been talking about getting the slip and slide back out ever since!
(slipping and sliding)
(a well-deserved break after playing hard)


1 comment:
The day we got it out, Evan was doing pretty well getting the hang of sliding. Ben preferred to sit in the pool at the end! Ha Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment