We headed out to a new strawberry patch and part of my mission was accomplished. We managed to pick 8 lbs. so we managed to pick enough strawberries for lots of strawberry treats. However, I have to say that the boys were not much help! They both dove in initially and started eating every strawberry they could see. Then, their attention wandered. Ben spent the rest of the time wandering the strawberry patch and Evan played with the flag that they use to mark where the strawberries have been picked. However, as I've always said, strawberry patches, with their straight long rows, are great for toddler containment so it was fine for me to keep picking while the boys roamed safely.
In the end, a good time was had by all, and we came home with a bunch of yummy strawberries. Now, we are happily enjoying homemade strawberry jam, strawberry ice cream, and strawberry pie...yum!
(So, at first I thought they might pick some strawberries.)
(See, he looks like he might want to pick some strawberries.)
(Yum!)





1 comment:
Strawberries have been on sale here in all the grocery stores so I thought I would make some nice strawberry muffins to take to the new neighbors and to eat. . .Well, it's not often that I have to throw something that I make away, but these muffins went in the trash. Don't know what was wrong with the recipe. Oh, well. These were bad in so many ways. Glad you are having better luck with your treats. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment