Gram had kindly invited Evan to head down to Charlotte for a weekend with the grandparents and a ride on the Charlotte light rail. He was thrilled and couldn't wait to head out. He loved every minute and I don't think he missed mommy one little bit. He rode the train, explored Charlotte, and even enjoyed some treats at Chick-Fil-A. It was so strange to talk to him on the phone-his little voice didn't sound like him from that distance. I missed my little boy, but I'm so glad he had a good time and his Gram and Gramps took great care of him.
(Gram, Gramps, and Evan enjoy their ride on he light rail.)
(Evan is clearly having a great time!)
Meanwhile, Ian was off having an adventure of his own. Saturday, he headed down to the coast and took a boat out to sea for a little scuba diving. He had a great time swimming with the fishies, jellyfish, sting rays, and countless other creatures.
Ben and I were left at home. While we missed the other boys, it was nice to have some time to spend, just the two of us. We headed over to the NC Museum of Life and Science, one of our favorite places-only this time, we got to explore it from Benny's point of view. He found a piece of coral in the dinosaur fossil dig and couldn't let it go. He also loved the butterfly pavilion, especially the benches. He had to sit on every one.
(Ben rides a dinosaur at the museum.)
(Ben and the bench)
On Sunday, we met up with Gram at the zoo-the halfway point between Durham and Charlotte-to retrieve Evan from his big adventures. The zoo was great fun as always, but our little boys were clearly worn out when we hopped in the car to head home. Our family all had great adventures on their own, but I'm certainly glad to have everyone back together!
(Ben practices his walking around the zoo.)
(The turtles-Benny's favorite)







1 comment:
Lots of fun adventures. Cute pictures of the boys. Good to see that Ben is "off to the races." I'm sure that you enjoyed your little one-on-one time with Ben. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment