Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two Months!


Baby Ben had his two month appointment on Friday!  He's definitely getting big, and Dr. Pickens pronounced him the picture of baby health.  At first, Evan didn't want to have anything to do with the doctor, but when I told him that we'd be visiting Dr. Pickens for Ben instead of him, he was excited about the trip.  He was anxious to tell his brother all about going to the doctor.  I told him he had to show Ben how to be brave and help him out.  He did a great job, and only tried to escape from the room about 20 times!

Developmentally, Ben is right where he should be.  He is alert and watching everyone, he loves to smile and laugh with a big open mouth, he can still roll over sometimes from his stomach to his back, and he's thinking about lifting his head up when he's on his tummy but is not quite there yet.  We've even heard the occasional coo! 

Before his appointment I told him that he needed to work on sleeping through the night because his brother Evan slept 6 hours through the night on the night before his two-month appointment.  Ben heard this and would not be outdone.  He slept 7.5 hours straight that night!  If they're this competitive now, I shudder to think what they'll be like as they get older.

Finally, Dr. Pickens measured Ben.  We have another little peanut just like Evan.  In fact, Ben is still smaller than Evan was at this age.  He's short, fairly skinny, and has the big ol' Davis head. 


Height: 22 inches (20th percentile)
Weight: 10lbs. 10 oz. (25th Percentile)

Head Circumference: (75th Percentile)





(My little tough guy showing off his first bandaid from his shots at his doctor's appt.)

We're looking forward to seeing what's next for our littlest man.  Right now, some people say he looks like his brother, other say he looks like one parent or the other.  Ian and I aren't sure.  We think he might be a Bitler/Wheeler baby, resembling both of the sides of the family that Ian and I don't favor as much. Only time will tell who this little boy will be!


(A few days old)


(One Month)


(Two months)

1 comment:

Julie said...

A doctor visit and he's still smiling! Such a cutie!