Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lazy Days

Since we got home from North Carolina, Evan, Rip and I have been enjoying some much needed time at home. We've been enjoying some semblance of a normal schedule, even though we know it's short lived with our trip to the East Coast again this weekend!

Evan is either needing some time to recover from his trip or is going through a growth spurt because he has been suddenly sleeping all the time. He sleeps from about 8:30 pm until 6 am most nights and has a nice long nap in the middle of the day too. He seems to be falling asleep every time I turn around. He must need it!

We've also been enjoying some new toys! We assembled both the exersaucer and the doorway jumper when we got home. Evan absolutely loves both. Now, he's not quite up for jumping in the jumper yet, but he is definitely testing out what he can do with his feet, and he definitely likes chewing on the cables and sides of the jumper. He can just sit and stare at the bells and whistles on the exersaucer for hours. It's a great toy for watching the light bulb in his little brain suddenly come on. He'll watch you press a button, then you can help him to press it, and low and behold, after a few minutes something clicks and he'll start banging on the button himself. It's so much fun to watch.


(don't you just love the Vandy shirt?)

Even though the weather has turned a bit colder, Evan, Rip, and I are still enjoying our daily walks with our mom's group. I'm afraid sometimes I have the tendency to overdress him until he can barely move, but hey, he stays warm. On our walk today Evan was wearing a onesie with pants and socks, a long-sleeved shirt over that, a fleece over that, and a hat under the hood on his fleece. Then I put him in the jogging stroller with two fleece blankets on each side of his head for extra cushion and a blanket over his lap. If it gets any colder you're not going to be able to find the baby under all of the layers!

Evan and I have also started volunteering at the library of my old school, Sherwood Elementary. We come in on Wednesdays for a half an hour and check out books to a third grade class. Fortunately this is during Evan's nap time so he has been sitting peacefully in his stroller and sleeping while I work. Today, I was trying to master the bar code scanner which is tricky, but I think I'll eventually get the hang of it. It's great to have the chance to see all my friends at Sherwood and also all of my old students. Fortunately, my friend Meredith lent me a sign for the stroller that says "please wash your hands before touching the baby". This has been great for keeping little germy kid hands away from Evan.

We haven't been as good as we should be on our photography efforts this week, but here's a great shot that I took of Evan and Ripple spending some quality time looking out the window from my bed. This is a frequent occurence while I'm putting away laundry. They just love it!



4 comments:

Julie said...

Aw I love the puppy and baby picture!

Anonymous said...

Blogs are so much fun. Thanks for the update. See you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Evan still looks like a bumblebee in the Vandy outfit.
Dad

The Yurasko Family said...

I am soooo jealous of Evan's sleeping ability!! I haven't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep in a row since going back to work this week. Sounds like you guys are doing great, though, which is wonderful :)