Monday, June 30, 2014

Got to Be NC Festival


Now, I love a good festival, and I spend a lot of time trying to convince my family to love them as much as I do.  Some festivals, they are not as enthused about as I am, but the Got to Be NC Festival is one that we all look forward to and have a great time at every year.  This festival is very similar to the NC State Fair except that it's on a much smaller scale.  It has all of the good things like rides, yummy fried food, and animals without any of the bad parts of the state fair like crowds, lines, and expensive admission prices.

So, we headed on over, and the boys were immediately excited by the rides.  Each time we would walk by one that wasn't too scary, they would want to ride that one.  Eventually, we found one that they wanted to ride and that they were tall enough to ride.  Dad and Benny hopped in one helicopter, Evan hopped in another, and they were off.  Ben and Daddy had a good time going up and down and around in their helicopter, but I loved watching Evan who was tall enough to ride by himself.  He was smiling from ear to ear and laughing as he moved his helicopter up and down by himself.

Next, I actually convinced the boys to ride a little dragon roller coaster with me.  This was a big deal because it was basically the first roller coaster I've been on since I married Ian because he doesn't like roller coasters.  Hopefully I'll have some little ride buddies from now on.  While I couldn't convince anyone to lift up their arms and scream, we all had a great time.  I did happen to accidentally leave my cell phone on the ride, but thankfully the ride operator kindly saved it for me.

After being kicked off a ride for being slightly under the 42" mark even though he had been 42" on the two previous rides, Evan quickly rebounded and rode a few more.  Both boys finished off with a trip down a huge slide with a parental escort, of course.

After that, the fun continued.  We listened to some bluegrass while we ate a snack, ate some of our favorite state fair mini donuts, tried out riding on some tractors, went to a food festival and sampled all kinds of NC foods, and even went into the animal area where we saw some baby chicks and practiced milking a cow.

It's always one of our favorite days, and it gives me hope that I'll actually have some buddies to ride some roller coasters when they get just a bit taller! :)


(Evan takes off in his helicopter.)


(Ian and Ben enjoy their ride.)


(roller coaster buddies)


(Wheee!  Evan is in the first car in front of Ben and I, but you can't really see him.)


(Tractors are fun even if they're not moving.)


(Testing 'em out)


(My boys get up close and personal with a pretend cow.)

No comments: