On May 11, 2010 Benjamin James Davis arrived on the scene. Four years later I am amazed at the little man that has grown up. Ben is my little capricious elf. He alternates between the determined little man with the snarl on his face trying to get one up on his brother to the sweet little angel scratching my tummy making the cutest little noises asking to be picked up. He loves to cuddle, take care of little animals, and run-fast! He can run all the way from our house to the neighborhood pool, about a half mile, and delights in picking up the speed with his little blond curls flying.
His teachers say that he's smart (of course), but perhaps needs to do a few more things for himself. It's true, that boy knows how to work other people to get whatever he wants. The day that his teachers told me that about him, we went to pick up Evan at school. Immediately, he walked up to one of the other mothers, scratched at her and made his little, adorable pick me up noise. Of course, she obliged. Whenever he sees an older women (prime age between 10 and 25) he will glue himself to them and hang out with whomever he has found for as long as he can. He's quite the ladies' man.
When Benny's birthday rolled around, he had two things that he wanted to do for his big day. He wanted to go strawberry picking and head to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner. Since it happened to be strawberry season we could oblige him on both requests. For breakfast, he ate his favorite food of all time-waffles with cream cheese, and we headed out to the strawberry patch. Now, little boys don't have much attention span for picking berries, so they didn't last long. But they had fun, and Ben loved eating the berries as he walked along the rows.
After a little break at home to cook some strawberry jam, strawberry cake, etc, and to prepare his presents, we went for an early dinner at Chuck E. Cheese. Ben had seen a commercial for the restaurant on TV and wanted to go check it out for himself. When we arrived, we bought tokens and they ran into the game area to check out what was there. He enjoyed all of the games, but for the whole night, he had his eye on the video game where you get to drive the car around a race car track. This kid loves anything with a screen, so he stared longingly at the game, but everytime he came by there was some bigger kid was playing it. Finally, he got his chance. With me holding my foot on the gas Benny flew around the track. I don't think I want Ben behind a real wheel for a long, long time. They enjoyed the pizza and the really expensive snake and straw that they bought with their tickets, and we headed home.
Once we were home it was time for the strawberry cake and strawberry ice cream that Ben requested. Plus, we had a big pile of presents to open. The other thing that I had done for his birthday was to decorate his room, big boy style. He wanted sharks as the theme, so I had taken all afternoon to fix it up for him. We put all the presents up in his room and let him come see everything. He loved it! He liked all of his presents, but I have to say that his favorite was definitely the Kindle that Daddy got for him. Daddy knew how much he loved to play games on our phones, so he bought a Kindle for him and loaded every Angry Birds game he could find onto the thing. Benny was in heaven, and Ian was so happy that he had found something that he would love so much.
I can't believe my youngest little angel is four years old! Next year, he'll be the in the biggest class in the preschool. While he's getting bigger, I still love the chance when I get to cuddle down next to him at bedtime and sing to him. I love watching him turn into a little man, but I wish he'd stay little forever!
(Walking through the strawberry fields)
(my little four year old)
(brothers)
(boys in a tubes)
(birthday big boy bedroom)
(my little screen junkie)
(ride 'em cowboy)
(boys in a bubble)
(Happy Birthday Benny!)










1 comment:
I love the arm pumping when he runs fast! Better you than me at Chuckee Cheese! Happy Birthday, Ben! You are definitely one of a kind - and that is a good thing. I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you will do. Love you. Mommie Dearest (aka: Grandma)
Post a Comment