Sunday, May 5, 2013

March of Dimes Walk

When I worked at the Hill Center we would always raise money and walk with the March of Dimes March for Babies.  It was always a fun event and we got to raise money for a good cause.  So, I reserved the date this year, and decided to create a team for my Durham blog that I write, Stir Crazy Moms.  I had grand plans of raising a ton of money and bringing in a team full of readers that I hadn't previously met.  However, it didn't quite turn out that way.  But even though I couldn't get a team of people I didn't know, it really showed me that I have some great friends.  My awesome friends all signed up and I got to walk the March for Babies with some of our favorite people!  Plus, we did manage to raise a couple hundred dollars for a great cause, so I was happy.  Take a look at my team Stir Crazy Moms that I am soooo grateful to.  Love these people!


(Most of our group before the race-Our family, Jackie, Kara, Mike, and Amy and the kiddos (Evan, Nathan, Anna, Gary, and Izzy-I wonder where Ben was in this pic!)


(Our team on the walk (from left to right)-Bob, Amy & Gary, Liz & Rip, Ian, Ben, & Anna, and Kara, Evan, & Nathan)


(The kids all gather to run across the finish line)


(Check out Rip's stylish do-he really needed a haircut and was hot during the walk.)

No comments: