Friday, March 23, 2012

Foot Art

Our art project this time was actually Evan's idea.  He really wanted to put finger paint on his feet.  So, one afternoon we got some paper out, runway style, and got to work.  Evan had fun walking down the paper with paint on his feet, but he had to make sure his feet got well cleaned when he had finished.  Then he spent a long time trying to spell words and further decorate his art.

When Ben woke up we showed him our artistic idea.  I thought Ben would have a great time and make a great mess.  However, when I showed Ben the plate with the paint on it and tried to get him to step in it he wouldn't.  I lifted him up, but he wouldn't put his feet down.  Finally, Evan and I convinced him to put one foot in it, but he didn't like it at all, and immediately insisted I clean his feet off.  Oh well, I just wish this aversion to messes extended to mud puddles!


(The pre-art setup)


(Evan dips his foot in.)


(Concentrating on artistic genius!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a great idea. I'm surprised Benny wasn't interested. Go figure...
Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Can't believe Ben will go for the mud and not the paint! Looks like Evan really enjoyed being creative. Fun idea! Love, Mommie Dearest