So, as soon as Benny woke up from nap, we hopped in the car and headed to downtown Durham to have some food truck yummies. It was a beautiful day, and there were so many people out eating, enjoying the fabulous weather, listening to live music, and just playing in the grass. We decided that we would split up because toddlers and long lines just don't mix. So, after one lap around the parked food trucks to see what was there, the boys and I headed to the park to play while Ian stood in line for the ice cream. Unfortunately, Ian's main complaint about food trucks was completely evident in the ice cream truck...the line was too long and it took a really long time. However, the boys and I had fun playing in the grass, and when Ian got back half an hour later, the ice cream was really good.
Next, Ian stayed to play in the grass and munch ice cream with the boys while I went to try a sandwich. I got in line for a yummy grilled cheese and fig variety and I was able to snag the last sandwich they had. The other bad thing about food truck rodeos is that since so many people know about them and show up, the food sometimes disappears. By the time I got my sandwich and Ian went to get his sausage, they were sold out...poor Ian! So, he munched some of my sandwich, a little ice cream, and had his sausages that night for dinner at home.
Don't worry, we'll be back at another food truck rodeo...next time, we're going early!
(Durham Central Park)
(This is Evan making his "handsome face".)
(Mommy and her munchkin)
(Yum...that ice cream was good!)





3 comments:
Cute, cute! Love the handsome face - it is very handsome!
Love,
Gram
Fun!! We want to go! Maybe sometime we will get a chance. Love, Mommie Dearest
They may be the cutest brothers East of the Mississippi. ;-)
Post a Comment