We headed out to our nearby Japanese restaurant, Kanki. When we walked in, they said we had a 45-minute wait, and Ian and I both groaned. However, we turned around and noticed a huge fish tank reaching all the way to the ceiling. Needless to say, I had to drag all three boys away from the fish when the called our table. They had a fabulous time just watching all them.
(Evan and Ian check out the fish tank.)
This was one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook the food at your table and put on a show. It was great, Evan loved watching it. He was so enthralled that Ian and I could actually have a conversation. Evan enjoyed trying out the chopsticks, and they even modified them for kids to use with the help of a rubberband and piece of paper. He didn't eat any of the Japanese food, but I still think it was good for him to enjoy the dining experience and be exposed to different types of cuisine.
(Evan checks out regular chopsticks.)
(The kid friendly variety)
(Evan successfully eats a french fry with his new chopsticks.)
Ben on the other hand got to sit in a high chair which he really hasn't had much opportunity to do. He also enjoyed watching the chef, but had a much shorter attention span. Then, we got them to bring us a container of white rice. Ben loved eating it, or should I say playing with it. We ended up taking home a rice-coated Ben, but he had great time making a mess.
(Mmmmm...rice)
We love taking the boys out and showing them new things. Who knows what they'll learn next!





2 comments:
What a cultural adventure! I always heard that your kids never learn how to behave at a restaurant unless you take them to one. You guys certainly have done your duty there! What restaurant can we check out when I come to visit??? Love, Mommie Dearest
Loves that sticky rice! How cute.... and sticky!
Love,
Gram
Post a Comment