Friday, February 5, 2010

The Family Passes Through

So, I've already mentioned that a few weeks ago Aunt Audra, Grandma, and Cousin Jack all stopped through here on their way to Tennessee to visit Grandma Rose.  Although it was a short visit, we had a fabulous time and it was great to see them.  I can't believe we didn't take more pictures of the fun that we had, but we did take a few so I wanted to share all the fun with everyone.

On the first day of their visit we took Jack for his first formal portraits at Portrait Innovations.  As you have already seen, the pictures turned out wonderfully!  It was great to have pictures of all of these parts of our family together!

It seems like most of the trip was spent eating, so as soon as Evan was done napping, we started that trend with a trip to Q-Shack for some North Carolina BBQ that Audra had been craving followed by a sweet treat that I requested at Local Yogurt.  We finished out that day with a trip to the mall for some post-baby shopping for Audra.  It was nice to actually have some family to shop with even though I won't really be looking at clothes for another few months!  We finished out the day with some down time at home and a wonderful home-cooked dinner.

The next day we headed out for some coffee in the morning to meet some of Evan and I's friends.  It was really nice to have Audra, Mom, and Jack meet all of our friends.  Moms had some good conversation while kids ran around and blew off some steam.  Jack watched everything intently and couldn't wait to join in!  After Evan's nap, we continued the eating tradition and headed up to Downtown Durham to meet Ian.  We ate at a panini restaurant called Toast that I'd been wanting to try.  It was delicious and made even better by a stop at Locopops afterward.  One more stop at the Carter's Outlet for some new baby and toddler clothes made the day complete. 

The next morning the group continued their journey to Tennessee, leaving only two very sad doggies behind for me to keep and eye on until they passed back through.  After a very adventurous week, they too went home when everyone passed back through town on their way to Connecticut.  I am so glad that everyone was able to come visit.  It's hard when family lives so far away, and you really treasure every little bit of time you get to spend with them.  Come back soon guys!


(Aunt Katy and her adorable nephew Jack)
 (Mom and Audra enjoy their Locopops)

 

(Evan doesn't think his is half bad either!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in serious contention for sister of the year. Thanks for the hospitality. I know we are a lot of trouble, but we love you lots. Love, Mommie Dearest