Monday, November 23, 2009

Introducing Baby Jack


I have officially been an aunt for a week and I am loving it! Baby Thomas Jackson Mhire arrived at 3:07 pm on Monday, November 16. He was 20 inches long and weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. (a little bigger and taller than his cousin Evan). The new family has been doing well and is settling in to life at home.


(already being brainwashed!)

Grandma and Grandpa have been here to help, and Evan and I arrived on Saturday. Since then, we've all been relaxing and enjoying our turns holding Baby Jack, and trying to help out as much as we can. Evan can say "Jack", but other than that, doesn't have much to do with him. However, Evan loves the dogs, Max and Al who have had a little bit of a shock since Jack arrived home.


(my nephew and my son--I'm loving it!)


(sisters)

Audra and Tommy are doing well. Audra is recovering, we just have to convince her to rest and not move around too much. They are both a little tired from lack of sleep, but I can already tell they are such good parents. They really work as a team and are both there for Baby Jack--He's a lucky kid!


(the happy family)

Jack is doing well, and it adjusting to the whole being born thing. He has been eating really well ever since I arrived and alternates between the eating, sleeping, and pooping-just what a one-week old should do. He looks like his parents, although I couldn't pick out specific features just yet. In the few seconds that he is alert and awake each day, he is really observant for such a young baby. It looks like he's really watching his surroundings and taking it all in.


(taking it all in)

Like I said, I'm really enjoying this aunt thing and am really looking forward to a great Thanksgiving with family. We will be glad when Ian and Rip arrive on Wednesday to complete the party. Welcome to the world Baby Jack!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! What a charmer already!
Love,
Gram

Julie said...

Congratulations, new auntie!

Anonymous said...

I do love my boys!! Love, Mommie Dearest