Sunday afternoon was the shower. We were excited because a lot of people were coming from every part of Audra's life: family, high school, UT, work, and friends she had met along the way. We spent Saturday and Sunday morning setting everything up. Well, my mom and her friend Carolyn, who was nice enough to host us and the shower, spent most of the time setting up, and I spent most of the time watching Evan.
As the shower approached, everything was coming together, we hung a clothesline in the entryway filled with little baby clothes, bibs, socks, and hats. The table was spread with countless goodies. We had little sandwiches (pimento cheese and chicken salad), brownies, lemon bars, petit fours, cheese topped with candied ginger (You really should try this combination, it's fantastic!), artichoke dip, and probably lots more yummies that I can't remember. I was in charge of the mimosas. We had regular and virgin for the guest of honor.

The set up was great and the party was even better. Audra loved seeing everyone, and she got so many cute clothes, blankets, toys, etc. for Baby Jack (Thomas Jackson Mhire, isn't it a great name?). Audra's mother in law Kathryn brought an adorable diaper cake that Evan enjoyed dismantling at every opportunity. She also made some great games. The Bingo boards were my favorite.

(the Bingo boards)
So, Audra has been successfully showered. She even managed to get everything home with the help of a few very full pieces of luggage and several packages shipped back to Connecticut. We all returned back to San Antonio to have a fun week with just the family. I'll fill you in on that as well later. We can't wait to be back together again in Connecticut for the arrival of Baby Jack in November. Evan can't wait to meet his cousin, and Ian and I can't wait to meet our nephew! Rip, however, is not so sure about another one of those little baby things running around.
(Grandma and grandson enjoying the festivities)

(Sisters and one happy baby)



1 comment:
I just loved the shower and the most important part was being together with my family and getting to see all of Audra and Katy's friends while they were in Houston. It was a very special time for me. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment