The first place we usually head is the toddler play area. It's nicely contained, and made just for the little guys. There's all sorts of things to explore and climb on. Evan especially likes the balls and various wooden shapes and doors on the walls.

(Evan prepares to throw.)
A few weeks ago, the museum opened a new exhibit, The Dinosaur Trail. It's got all sorts of dinosaur models, one you can even go up and touch. Evan loves to look at the dinosaurs and plants around the trail, and he has even walked the whole trail himself while pushing the stroller. One of the coolest parts of the trail is the fossil dig where kids can find all sorts of interesting bones and shells. I think Evan likes digging in the dirt best.

(Evan gets up close and personal with a dinosaur.)

(Evan and Edward can't wait to head down the Dinosaur Trail.)
The museum also has a butterfly and bug house. Evan thinks both are equally interesting, although I have to say I prefer the butterflies!

(Evan finds the blue frogs very interesting.)

(Just sitting on a bench taking in the butterflies)
On the way out of the museum we have to stop in the weather exhibit for a quick look at the cloud making machine. Evan thinks this is absolutely fascinating, and he spends quite a bit of time just waving his hands around in the mist, smiling, and laughing.
There are tons of other exciting parts to the museum that we just didn't visit on the day I brought my camera like the zoo with bears, lemurs, and foxes, the train, the wind exhibits with sailboats, the farm animals, and the music-making room. There's also exhibits on space and all other sorts of science that I'm sure Evan will find incredibly interesting when he gets older. We can't wait to go explore the museum again soon!



2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I love going to museums and such... looks like Evan does, too!
What a fantastic place. Next time I come down, I want to go! Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment