Friday, July 17, 2009

the Next Michaelangelo

For Evan's birthday, our neighbors gave him some finger paints because I'd been telling them how much I wanted him to be able to do some art. So, last week, I thought we'd try them out. I laid out the plastic bags down on the floor, stripped Evan down to his diaper, and squeezed out some paint onto a paper plate. I didn't quite get the reaction I had planned. Evan didn't care in the slightest about the paper he was supposed to paint on. Instead, he just wanted to play with the plate I had squeezed the paint onto. He also was intent on crawling once he had paint covering his hands. Two plastic trash bags don't do much to protect the floor when they're being crawled on by a sticky baby!

However, I did manage to get his fingers to touch the paper for a few strokes and now have some beautiful baby art gracing our fridge. I guess Evan just prefers to paint on the floor. Maybe next time I'll let our little Michaelangelo paint the ceiling!


(actually touching the paper-This didn't happen much!)


(painting the floor)


(Mmmmm...finger painting!)

2 comments:

Steffens Family said...

I say just hang the paper plate up. Evan is too cute and looking so grown up!

Anonymous said...

You're such a nice mom to let him make a big mess. I am sure he will get the hang of this painting thing - especially since you are starting him young. Love, Mommie Dearest