Our train dropped us off at Grand Central Station. Immediately upon leaving, we saw a bunch of people on the sides of the road. We stopped to see what they were doing and found out that there would be a big parade coming through. So, we stopped to watch. Evan thought his first parade was fantastic. There were motorcycles, floats, balloons, and a ton of people to watch. We even got to see the governor of New York, Mayor Bloomberg, and Cheryl and Kim from Dancing with the Stars! Evan had his first brush with fame on the streets of New York City, HA!
After we had seen the parade we were all getting very hungry, so we headed down to Central Park to eat at a little brunch restaurant that Audra had found next door to the Plaza hotel. It was called Sarabeth's, and it was delicious. Audra and I both had the french toast, and Evan stuck to the fruit and a little bit of apricot sausage, fancy!

(Audra enjoys some french toast and fresh squeezed juice.)\
Once we were refreshed it was off to do some shopping. We hit some stores looking for some shorts and shirts for me and more maternity wear for Audra. We both found some cute things and Audra was nice enough to get me the shorts and a shirt for a belated birthday present. Thanks Audra! While we were in the Gap trying on clothes Evan decided that he had had enough of the shopping and had a little baby meltdown. Once I got him in his carrier he just crashed.
Even though Evan was asleep we had to take him (and Audra) on a pass through FAO Schwartz. I can't believe he slept through a life size Lego wookie and the man dressed like a toy soldier. Sigh. Maybe he'll be awake next time we visit.

(The toy soldier and I smile while Evan snoozes.)
On our way back to the train we stopped in a cupcake store called Crumb for a little dessert for the evening. Then it was off to the train and back to Connecticut. We had a wonderful trip, and I can't believe how much we managed to squeeze in to three days! I can't wait to head back up there for another trip, and the exciting part is, the next time we head up there there will be a new addition to the Mhire family to visit!

1 comment:
So much fun! I can't believe he slept through the toy store. Next time you may not be so lucky. Ha. Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment