Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Field Day

When I was little, I always loved field day in elementary school-the day when everyone got to play games outside for the whole day and usually have popsicles at some point.  So, I was really excited when I heard that Evan would be having a Kindergarten Field Day.  I knew I wanted to volunteer and see what it was all about.

I showed up on the morning of field day and a bunch of other class parents clearly had the same thought that I did.  So, we had plenty of parents to help and not a whole lot of work to be done. That's ok because we had a great time watching and playing with the kiddos.

Once we went out to field day, the PE teacher had set up stations for each of the Kindergarten classes to rotate through.  Keep in mind, there are 7 Kindergarten classes, so that was a LOT of stations! They rotated through the parachute-


 ball toss at the beanbags-


playground, sponge relay race-


frisbee toss-


rolling scooter toss-


and noodle tag-


 Evan liked them all, but I think he especially liked playing on the big kids' playground, tossing the sponges which of course soaked all the kiddos, and what kid doesn't like running around a field and tagging each other with pool noodles?  He did also like the frisbee toss where he could pair up with his good buddy Ursula.  For most of the stations they definitely emphasized teamwork and individual goals instead of picking a winner which was just Evan's style.

It was a great day and it was so much fun to watch him being so comfortable and having so much fun with his class!  Maybe next time I'll bring in some popsicles!

No comments: