Unfortunately, as I was preparing to head back from Texas, I also acquired my dad's cold. So, when I arrived in Charlotte I was feeling pretty sick. That spoiled quite a bit of my fun during that trip, but I had such gracious hosts and they took good care of me while everyone else had some fun! Oh, and the morning after we arrived Ian just happened to notice that he had gotten a hernia from lifting one to many heavy suitcases on the way back. (I told him he should have let me help!) So, he had to spend some time at the doctor getting himself all checked out, but never fear, there was still lots of time for fun!
On New Years Day we woke up to another Christmas celebration! We all got to sit around the tree, open some gifts, and enjoy some great company! The boys loved all of their presents including lots of art supplies and crafts and were particularly keen on some suction cup style building blocks that they could stick all over everywhere. Gram and Gramps' windows looked much more festive after Evan and Ben did some redecorating! Ian also got a fabulous new Kindle from Gram and Gramps and I think the boys were almost as excited as he was-the possibility for multi-player video games was soooo exciting!
There was actually one more holiday to celebrate while we were down in Charlotte. The Davises had some fabulous plans to celebrate my birthday. However, that stinkin' cold got in the way again! They had a pedicure and wonderful Italian dinner all planned. I was so grateful to them for thinking of me and going out of the way to plan something so fun. Even though I couldn't go out for all of those adventures, they still brought the party home to me with a lovely take-out Italian dinner complete with birthday cake and presents!
After a few days, we had to get back home to Durham. We were all sad to go, but we had some great memories of a wonderful trip!
(presents!)
(Benny hugs for Aunt Candice)
(Look at this super cute pillow Gram and Gramps got me-way cuter than the sick Katy behind it!)
(the boys as home decorators)
(the Bennicorn)
(puppy snuggles)
(Pepper is confused!)
(Evan's art project from Papa and Marianne)
(You got a Kindle, Dad!)
(Can we play?)
(more fun art projects)











No comments:
Post a Comment