As a room parent in Evan's Kindergarten class this year, I've been able to help plan some of these parties and it's been so much fun. During the holiday season we were able to have a "winter party". It was a bit stressful to get all of the materials together-it's pretty tricky to find materials to decorate a gingerbread house that are both nut and trans fat free. However, once we got all the materials and got to the classroom, it was so nice to be with all of the kiddos, especially Evan. It does make me realize how much I enjoy being in a school setting in general.
So, on to the party-We decorated the classroom and when the kiddos came back from their specials class they were ready to party. First, we gave them all the gingerbread houses that we had prepared and let them decorate them with the candy. This meant that they ate a whole bunch of candy and even put a little on their houses. Then, we divided the kids up into groups and rotated them through a few different activities-winter bingo, coloring, bead snowflake making, and even pin the nose on the Olaf.
Ben got to come of the party too, and the brothers loved going to all of the different centers together. I'm so glad I get the chance to be there with him. Seeing him in his classroom with his classmates and teachers helps me to know that he's in a good place everyday when I drop him off.
I'm hoping for a spring semester filled with just as many great excuses to celebrate!
(gingerbread houses waiting to be decorated)
(candy!)
(the boys making their snowflake bead ornaments with their group)
(some of Evan's classmates trying on the Olaf noses)
(the festive classroom scene)
(Evan with Mrs. Joshua-Wilson in her festive attire)






No comments:
Post a Comment