Monday, February 3, 2014

Reading

Every night, we have story time, and either Ian or I (or another visiting grown up) reads to the boys.  They both love it and could listen to stories for hours.  Recently, the boys have also been reading some little stories during story time.  They would rather listen to stories, but they will humor me and read a little book for me.  

One night recently I was home by myself with the boys.  I was cleaning up a little bit in Evan's room right before stories.  I was sitting on the carpet picking tiny little legos out of the carpet when both boys hopped up on Evan's bed.  They had just had bath and were already in their pjs.  While I was cleaning, Evan opened up his new superhero book and just started reading to Ben.  It was the cutest thing ever.  Ben was looking over his shoulder at the pictures and Evan was carefully sounding out each word and reading to Ben.  

While I don't think Ian and I will be giving up story time to Evan anytime soon, it is so much fun to see them growing up and sharing books together.


No comments: