Lately, Evan has been very focused on the age of six. When he's six, he tells us, he'll invent a car that can go the speed of light. He'll also invent a machine that can make him into a greyhound. We keep trying to encourage him to start on these projects now, or enjoy the age he is, or whatever. But none of it stops him from wishing he was six. So tonight as they brushed their teeth, I heard this priceless exchange...
EVAN: I wish I was six...
BEN: I wish I was made out of ducks...
I'm still laughing about it as I sit here typing. Crying, in fact. We followed up with him afterward, and yes, he did mean ducks. He even specified that he would use his feet to help him swim. I would give anything to know what he thinks being made of ducks would be like. What an imaginative little pair we have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Didn't Evan used to be deathly afraid of ducks? Nightmares or something? Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment