The rules of the battle were that we had to create two dishes each in one hour. Each of the dishes had to use Krispy Kreme donuts and their added secret ingredient of honey. Liz and I also decided to step up the game and make a savory dish together. We were able to plan ahead and go grocery shopping which made it a little easier, and I think we did pretty darn good!
Liz created a ricotta, berries, and Krispy Kreme crouton dish as well as Krispy Kreme cake pops coated in chocolate. I made a caramel/cashew/Krispy Kreme tart with a caramel/cashew/Krispy Kreme milkshake. Our savory dish was a Krispy Kreme sandwich filled with cream cheese and bacon dipped in a berry sauce. Oddly enough, most people agreed that the savory collaborative dish was the best one. It was strangely addictive. The competition between the other dishes was very close, but in the end I squeaked out a narrow victory. It turned out to be a lot of fun and we all ate very well!
We can't wait for the next battle!
(The Iron Chefs mid-battle and wearing our race day shirts)
(Our esteemed judges)
(My dishes: half-eaten-notice the artistic sugar coated Cheerio donuts)
(Liz's yummy cake pops)
2 comments:
best idea ever! I need to remember this for an upcoming party idea. Though I fear I would choke and not be able to come up with *anything* on a whim!
Maybe we will see you two on TV as a Top Chef contestant! Love, Mommie Dearest
Post a Comment