We always seem to come home from Target with interesting stories. On our most recent trip was no exception. It was raining when we arrived. The clouds were just departing and there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky. I think that was the first rainbow that Evan had ever seen. It had disappeared by the time we pulled in to the parking lot and I told him that it went back up into the sky. He matter-of-factly said that he thought the "birds might find it" up in the sky. I thought that was a very thoughtful observation.
So, after a little come-apart in the parking lot because our grocery store balloon managed to fly out the car door and up into the sky when we got out of the car, we headed in. Evan was a little pacified when I told him that the balloon had probably flown on to Texas to see his grandparents. We went in and did our shopping, including purchasing a nose hair trimmer for Daddy's Christmas. (Only a wife can get away with purchasing a nose hair trimmer for a Christmas present, but he did say he wanted it.)
Anyway, Evan had to hold the trimmer and talk about it throughout the whole shopping trip. We talked about how Daddy was going to use it, etc. He was very excited and wanted to open it right away. I stressed how it was a present for Daddy and he would need to keep it a secret until he opened it at Christmas. So, I learned that toddlers are not very good at keeping secrets. The next morning, I walk downstairs to hear Evan say to Ian that, "We got you a nose hair trimmer..." Sigh...
At the end of our trip to Target we were in line. I had Evan in the shopping cart and I was wearing Ben in his carrier. As we were checking out, Ben grabbed the shopping list that I was holding and started playing with it. As with most things, he started sticking it in his mouth. I deterred him, he continued holding the list, and I finished checking out. I walked out with the boys and arrived at the car. I looked down, and where my shopping list was, I saw a little tiny slobbery shred of the list sticking out of his hand and the rest of the list was nowhere in sight. So, I would like to assume that he just ripped it and the rest of it fell on the floor, but there is always the possibility that my baby ate my shopping list!
Like I said, heading to Target, or any errand with the boys is always quite entertaining. The rest of our Christmas shopping should be very entertaining...
(the blabbermouth)
(the shopping list eater)


1 comment:
Hey he was just trying to up his fiber intake!
Love,
Gram
Post a Comment